Aside from the really cool pictures and occasional humorous post, the Newscom FocalPoint blog is actually a pretty good read … if you can get past the posts that try really hard but occasionally aren’t humorous at all.
We wanted to make sure that everyone visiting the blog was on the same page – everyone reading it knows what to expect, how to use it and how to get the most out of it. So here are 6 really good reasons you should read our blog.
- Newscom is big. We’re talking 67,828,124* images, graphics and videos big. Someday I’d like to see that many commas in my savings account (at this point even one comma would be nice) … but that’s a tangent. We have a lot of stuff on Newscom. And some of it is just plain great and will likely never see the light of day. So I’ve made it my personal duty and goal to comb through the database to find the great stuff and bring it to light. So if you’re short on time or story ideas, bored, or just need a jolt of inspiration, there are many posts that can help you out.
*at the time of writing this post. It’s bigger now.
- We’re still growing. Every couple months we have a big announcement at Newscom about a new photography partner we’ve signed on or a big collection coming in from one of our current partners. If you want to stay up to date on the latest big happenings at Newscom, you won’t miss a beat if you visit the blog regularly.
- The whole picture. Newscom is unique in that we don’t just work with photographers. We sell photos too, so we understand both sides of the photo industry: what photo editors want and need and what it feels like to sell photos in this market. AND the cool part is that we regularly feature guest posts from the people we work with. So the FocalPoint blog is rich with diverse opinions and ideas about different aspects of the photography market.
- There are really cool pictures. View them. Enjoy them. Share them with friends because they’ll enjoy them.
- Tell us how you really feel. We’ve got lots of ways for customers and users to share feedback with Newscom. Comments in the blog are just one more way.
- It’s a little funny? Sometimes the posts will make you smile a little bit?
Read a few more posts on the blog to get familiar with it. And then stay up to date on the latest and coolest news in the Newscom world by coming back again and again. You’re sure to find something that will work for you.
Some other cool posts I think you should read:
This entry was posted on Thursday, March 31st, 2011 at 10:36 am and is filed under Newscom News, Tips 'n Tricks. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a comment, or trackback from your own site.