When looking at TV Guide’s Most Popular TV Shows list, it certainly reflects what American television has become. The list is a mix of new shows from this season and old favorites, ranging from reality television, to criminal drama, with sitcom’s thrown in here and there.
Like this post? You can also Check out the top TV shows of 2013!
So take a look at the top ten shows on TV!
1. The X Factor may have caught us all a little off guard. The American Idol-like show has a set up that has been seen and done before, but that didn’t stop Simon Cowell from making the show an instant success.
2. Revenge is simply the primetime soap opera of the year. Full of intense drama and beautiful stars like Emily VanCamp, it’s become another new hit.
3. Bones still manages to go strong in the ratings while in its seventh season.
4. NCIS is one of the longer running show on this list most likely because it has a good mix of quirky and serious characters.
5. Dancing with The Stars, although currently not airing, is still making the list. It mixes the love of dance and the curiosity people have of what ever happened to some has-been celebrities.
6. Modern Family is the show almost anyone can relate to. Doesn’t matter what shape or size your family comes in, we still all deal with similar basic issues.
7. Grey’s Anatomy: McDreamy will always be easy on the eyes.
8. New Girl, Zooey Deschanel, is following in her sister’s (Bones star Emily Deschanel) footsteps by making the top ten.
9. Two and a Half Men may have been saved as a popular sitcom thanks to the addition of Ashton Kutcher after Charlie Sheen was axed.
10. Criminal Minds proves that when you mix crime and drama, you have the formula for a good show.
You may be interested in some of these other blog posts from FocalPoint:
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 5th, 2012 at 5:19 pm and is filed under Celebrity and Entertainment. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a comment, or trackback from your own site.